If you have between 3 and 5 days to get to San Pedro de Atacama, we leave you an itinerary with full tours per day. CHECK.
As it is a high desert area, with high solar luminosity, you have to take several precautions, in order to enjoy your walks:
- The city of San Pedro is at an altitude of / - 2,400 above sea level. Your excursions will be around this altitude and up to 4,300 meters above sea level (Tatio and Altiplanic Lagoons)
- Drink plenty of fluids, hopefully water, regardless of the sensation of thirst.
- Each person knows better than anyone the sensitivity of their skin to exposure to sunlight, but it is highly recommended to always carry a sunscreen of skin and lips, which provide the level of protection necessary to your skin.
- Good sunglasses for eye protection. A good hat is imperative.
- The summer temperatures, are of heat in the day, an average maximum of 30 ° Celsius, and of 14 ° Celsius at night. In winter, the average maximum is about 20 ° Celsius, and at night it can go down to temperatures below 0 ° Celsius. In the high walks, particularly the Geysers del Tatio, always in the early morning, the temperatures are below zero degrees Celsius. Therefore, warm clothing has to be designed to cover this broad spectrum. The best thing of all is to use the "onion" technique, several layers and none very thick (the ideal is to use a windbreaker, a "fleece" or "polar" vest, and under them the normal clothes. and for tall rides, cotton underwear helps a lot.
- A good pair of walking shoes, ideally boots or boots, and if you can, a pair of light shoes to walk in the village and rest
- Take a bath trade to visit the Geysers and the Puritama Hot Springs.
- The relative humidity of the air is always very low. If your skin is sensitive to this condition, bring moisturizing creams with you
Follow these simple recommendations and enjoy your stay in the magic of the Atacama Desert.